Check out the latest episode of the SOB Podcast! I had a great chat with Rob Aurelius who launched his career in the entertainment/sports industry by taking a chance on himself and stepping into opportunity.
Style of Business
-Podcast Show Notes-
In this episode, Keetria interviews Rob Aurelius of A&R Collective group, a New York based organization providing promotional services. Starting in 2013, this organization co-founded by Rob has managed to add the iconic WWE to its client roster. Learn how Rob managed to leverage Twitter to effectively network with WWE wrestlers like Prince Nana and The Brooklyn Brawler. Rob also shares the impressive initiatives made by the WWE community in the fields of pediatric and breast cancer. Tune-in to learn more about this passionate and socially responsible entrepreneur whose militant FOCUS helps him to provide his clients the BEST service possible.
- Rob is the co-founder of A&R Collective Group
o Started in 2013, they provide varied services such as entertainment, marketing, consulting, advertising, promotions, event planning, event management and social media management
- Rob shares how they got involved with WWE
o While helping out a friend with her social media campaign, Rob got acquainted with former wrestler, Gene Snisky who introduced him to many other former wrestlers
o Got in touch with Prince Nana of Ring of Honor fame via Twitter; Prince Nana agreed to help out Rob if Rob helped him to get verified on Twitter
o Networked with former WWE wrestlers who are now associated with NBC, the local wrestling outfit
o Not happy with WWE managing their careers, a lot of wrestlers were looking for an outside backstage agent
o Got in touch with Steve Lombardi aka “The Brooklyn Brawler” via Twitter; Steve introduced him to many WWE wrestlers who needed help with promotion
- Admires that fact that WWE community leverages the power of its brand to address social issues
o Organizes school visits and even conducts free shows for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan
o Connor’s Cure, a WWE community initiative focuses on pediatric cancer
o Susan G. Komen is another prominent program that works for the eradication of breast cancer; having lost a close friend to breast cancer, Rob is really passionate about this cause
- Rob shares how he got HOOKED onto kickboxing
o Growing up, Rob idolized Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali; he admired Ali for raising his voice against racism
o Encouraged by Steve Lombardi to work on his fitness, Rob took on kickboxing; keeping his 2017 New Year’s resolution, Steve joined iLoveKickboxing
o It is NEVER too late to take up something new!
- What FUELS Rob to keep on working
o Being a third-generation immigrant, Rob realized the value of hard work; feels blessed to be born in America, the land of opportunities
o A spiritual person, Rob believes that his giving personality is ideally suited for his kind of business where he can genuinely help out people
o Wants to be a source of INSPIRATION for the youth
o Loves working for WWE since it has given him visibility and a chance to build a SOLID reputation
- Not a big fan of Apps, Rob uses tools like Buffer to schedule his Tweets; being a small outfit with just 3 people, Rob uses such tools to downsize his work
- Rob shares his experience with various social mediums
o Has a strong presence on Twitter with 190K followers; uses it to get feedback and voice his opinion
o A big proponent of using Twitter Ads
- Rob wants to ensure that his parents have a stress-free and comfortable life in their later years
o Rob’s mother had a difficult time raising four children; his father is still working and refuses to retire at 67!
o Hopes that his parents get their benefits and can retire with the right insurance plan
- If you are passionate about something and want to bring it to life, go out there and make sure you do it!
- WCW or WWE?
o WWE bought WCW years ago; years ago WWE and WCW had an epic battle going on
o Always loyal to WWE, Rob respect Vince McMahon, the owner of WWE
o WWE has evolved from a wrestling organization to a global promotions company
- Connect with Rob through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
- Check out David Alan’s upcoming fashion show on Friday, October 6 in Pittsburg; proceeds benefit American Cancer society and breast cancer initiatives
- Connect with Keetria through her website or Twitter
3 Key Points:
- Use the POWER of social media to network with prospects and attain greater visibility.
- Aim to genuinely HELP your clients and the greater community at large by concentrating not just on the work, but also on social initiatives.
3. PASSION will help you find your internal voice—this voice will push you to go out there and just do it!