In this 45th episode of SOB: Style of the Business podcast, Keetria interviews Nicholas Poole the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Seikou Technologies, a small subsidiary of Professional Career Training Institute located in Houston, Texas. Seikou Technologies is “a one-stop shop for all of your tech needs,” and Nicholas Poole shares his passion for technology and giving people the skills to change their lives.
- Seikou Technologies handles technology needs for education, projects, websites, web designs, web applications, and mobile apps.
- Nicholas Poole is a graduate of the University of Texas in Austin, with a degree in Economics and his Master’s Degree in Biomedical Informatics.
- He originally wanted to move to New York for finance, but his girlfriend convinced him to stay in Austin.
- Twice a month Seikou Technologies offers coding classes called “Coding with a Twist”
- Understand coding to the degree where you can actually apply it.
- Nicholas Poole believes cryptocurrency is here to stay but not until it becomes centralized.
- Blockchain secures and encrypts transactions.
- Seikou Technologies is looking to develop the future Elon Musk and Steve Job-level tech experts
- Start with the “For Dummies” books to learn more about tech applications.
- He is inspired by watching people’s lives change for the better.
- They launched an app that looks for hashtags using natural language processing and it will follow those individuals.
3 Key Points:
- What you learn in school is often different from how it works on the job in the industry.
- Networking and building relationships and in your field are extremely important.
- Python is a strong, malleable programing language that is great for beginners to learn.
– “Try your hardest to get internships.” – Nicholas Poole.
– “The most important thing you can do is have an idea in mind.” – Nicholas Poole.
– “Think of blockchain as a huge digital ledger.” – Nicholas Poole.
Upcoming Event – Coding With a Twist: Intro to Python for Blockchain https://buff.ly/2NdUWZy