Digital Marketing Strategies is a huge topic. It’s not just about using paid ads, social media, and email marketing. There are so many more digital marketing strategies that can be used to help your business grow online. The good news is that there are plenty of digital marketing strategies available to small businesses that don’t require a lot of money or time—but go a long way toward improving their website’s search engine rankings, conversion rates, and sales volumes. Let’s take a closer look at six of them:
1. Improve Your Website’s Design and User Experience
Digital Marketing Strategies:
A website is an essential tool for any business, but many small businesses don’t realize how important it is to have a well-designed and optimized site.
- If your website isn’t performing well, it’s time to make some changes. A few options for improving your digital marketing strategies include:
- Improving the design of your website by making sure the navigation is clear and easy to use, updating outdated graphics or images on the page, fixing broken links, and other technical issues that may deter potential customers from visiting again in the future.
- Improving user experience by ensuring that all pages load quickly on all devices (desktop computers, phones), using responsive web design (no matter what device is being used).
2. Use Video Marketing
Video marketing is a powerful way to connect with your audience. It’s a great way to show off your products and services, show off your brand personality, and demonstrate expertise. It’s also an opportunity for you to be more creative than other types of content creation like photos or blog posts.
After all, there are more than half a million videos uploaded by businesses every day on YouTube alone!
3. Take Advantage of the Power of Social Media Marketing
Social media is a great way to reach your target audience. It’s also a great way to get feedback from them and learn more about their behavior—and that of the market at large. It’s also a fantastic tool for engaging with them, which can lead to increased loyalty and brand loyalty. Finally, it can be used as an effective means of promoting products and services.
If you’re not using social media marketing for your small business yet, now is the perfect time to start implementing this strategy into your existing digital marketing strategies plan.
4. Write and Publish More Content That is Strategically Optimized
On the topic of content marketing, there are two main types: informational and promotional. The former is more of what you’d typically expect to find on a blog or website; it provides valuable information on a particular topic. The latter involves creating content that promotes your brand and its products/services. These can be written blog posts, ebooks, infographics, or slide decks—anything that helps promote your business while also providing value in some way (through entertainment, education, etc.).
The only question now is how to write appealing content that attracts readers. Here are some tips:
- Use keywords in your title so search engines can easily find it when people search for them online. For example, if you’re writing about SEO techniques then use “SEO” as one of the keywords rather than just using something generic like “how-tos.”
- Optimize body text by making sure it’s concise yet detailed enough so readers will understand what you’re saying without having to reread sentences multiple times (or worse yet – jumping over sections altogether). You want people who read your content to feel like they’ve learned something new after reading it—not frustrated by their inability to understand what was just said.
5. Utilize Loyalty Programs/Retention Marketing
Loyalty programs are a great way to reward your most loyal customers. This can be as simple as a discount coupon or as complex as a points-based program with rewards for reaching certain milestones. In the case of the latter, it’s important that you first have a firm grasp on who your best customers are and what they’re purchasing from you; this will help determine which rewards best incentivize them to make future purchases. For example, if one of your top sellers is toilet paper, perhaps offering discounts on other bathroom products would be more effective than giving away free pizza coupons (which might not even apply).
A note about loyalty programs: be careful not to make them too difficult for customers to redeem! When creating these programs, think about how often people would want them and what kind of return on investment they’ll get by participating in them compared with other promotional methods (like paid ads).
6. Budget for Content Promotion
As a small business owner, you probably already have a marketing budget in place for your other digital marketing strategies. But what about content promotion? Content promotion is one of the most powerful ways to get more traffic to your website and brand recognition—but it can also be an expensive investment if not planned out correctly.
Budgeting for content promotion will help ensure that you’re getting the most out of your marketing dollars by investing in only what works best for your business. You want to make sure that every dollar spent on promoting content goes towards something that will bring in new visitors and lead conversions.
Wrap-Up Digital Marketing Strategies
Keeping a pulse on your business’s digital marketing strategies is an important part of growing your business. This can be done by staying up to date with the latest trends and digital marketing strategies as well as maintaining a steady flow of content that informs current and potential customers about what you do and how you can help them. Digital Marketing Strategies are constantly changing and evolving, so it’s important to stay on top of these changes for your business to excel.
Keetria is an entrepreneur, wellness advocate, and brand strategy coach for creatives & entrepreneurs with 16 years of public relations expertise working with some of the world’s leading brands, startups, media personalities, and entertainers. If you would like to work together, don’t hesitate to reach out!